Gainesville, Fla. – Florida Organic Growers and UF/IFAS are hosting a free Integrated Organic Tomato Production System workshop on Monday, May 15.
The workshop will take place from 1 to 4 p.m. at the University of Florida Plant Science Research and Education Unit, 2556 West Highway 318 in Citra.
Topics will include:
- Organic tomato production
- Growing tomatoes under high tunnels
- Grafting for disease management and yield improvement
- Use of trap crops for pest control
- Nutrient management using compost and organic fertilizer
- New tomato cultivar focused on flavor
- Postharvest sanitation, handling and storage
- Results from the 2016 field experiments
For more information, call Florida Organic Growers at 352-377-6345.
Share this Post